This position is responsible for the update of MN Driver’s License/ID’s or Permits to qualified applicants. Conduct visual testing and taking photos. Renew registration and issue plates on qualified vehicles. Obtain necessary information; input data directly into the states database. Advise applicants on requirements and collect appropriate fees.
Every other Tuesday- 11-7:30pm
Every other Saturday- 9-5:30pm
Essential Job Functions
- Provide a level of customer service that meets AAA standards – fast, friendly, efficient, accurate
- Demonstrate friendliness and greet every customer that you serve
- Maintain a professional appearance and work area
- Review documents and extract relevant information
- Ensure that each customer is authorized to complete transactions presented by validating customer identification per state of Minnesota guidelines/requirements.
- Evaluate information on applications to verify completeness and accuracy and to determine whether applicants are qualified according to the State of MN guidelines to obtain desired licenses.
- Question applicants to obtain required information according to current State laws and guidelines such as name, address, plate number, VIN number, etc. and record data on prescribed forms.
- Maintain accurate records on the State of MN’s database.
- Maintain paperwork and documentation for all customers’ daily transactions in a neat and orderly manner, keeping plate and sticker sequences in order
- Maintaining the integrity and security of customers’ documents.
- Adhere to the State of MN guidelines on Data Privacy
- Answer questions or provide advice to customer regarding licensing policies, procedures or regulations. As necessary, seeking State approval or guidance in questionable situations.
- Operate specialized photographic equipment to obtain photographs and test vision for driver’s license, permits or identification cards
- Collect correct fees for all transactions
- Maintain daily cash drawer, abiding by AAA policies for cash handling and balancing cash drawer.
- Train other workers or coordinate their work as necessary
- Perform routine data entry or other office support activities, including creating, sorting, photocopying or filing documents
- Stock workstations with adequate supplies, including pens, staples, paperclips and forms
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers and the public
- Remain current and compliant with all AAA customer service initiatives
- Remain current and compliant with all State bulletins, fee changes , rule changes and policy changes
- Performs work of a miscellaneous nature to meet changing workload structure
- High School diploma or GED
- Attention to detail and accuracy in recording information
- Proficient in computer skills utilizing standards and specialized software, (Windows 7, Outlook, IE9), 10-key and the ability to operate other office equipment
- Minimum of one year Customer service experience
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Minimum one year cashiering experience preferred – including handling and balancing a cash drawer independently.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment