Reports To: Sales Manager, Insurance Department & Business Development Manager
Date: March 2016
Department: Membership and Insurance
Sales position focused on membership and insurance, along with lead generation for collateral business lines.
- Communicate membership features and benefits to current and potential members to generate new membership sales, membership renewals, upgrades and associate add-ons.
- Recommend and educate members and new customers on insurance coverage; provide sales proposals for requested insurance products.
- Complete, maintain and process appropriate paperwork, records, and payments through proper channels.
- Responsible for maintaining education requirements for all applicable insurance licenses. (CE)
- Responsible for following and keeping up to date on agency and company set forth guidelines.
- Customer Service
- Provide members and internal customers top notch service via telephone, e-mail and other communication methods.
- Maintain member and customer information through account updates and documented requests/complaints.
- Strong focus on retention for members and clients on an ongoing basis by providing information, recommendations and assistance when needed.
- Perform work of a miscellaneous nature to meet changing corporate goals and requirements.
- Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or six months proven sales experience.
- Required-State of Minnesota Property & Casualty insurance license and preferably Life/Health license.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills (data, time, multiple projects) and strong attention to detail.
- Strong technical skills, including – Word and Excel, as well as the ability to learn complex Internal/External processing and sales software along with various database systems.
- Must work well within a team concept in a high energy, fun and fast paced environment and work the scheduled hours as determined by business need
- Willingness to be involved community projects to help support/promote corporate goals.