Reports To: Manager, Driving Programs
Date: June 30, 2011
Department: Driving Programs
This position will provide behind-the-wheel training for students helping them to prepare for their driving test and be responsible safe drivers. The instructor will help students develop driving skills and motivate students to meet all requirements for the program; will also provide the students parent or guardian with documentation on the student progress.
- Meets and instructs students in an assigned location and at designated times.
- Teaches students the skills needed to prepare them for handling a motor vehicle on streets and highways.
- Maintains accurate records of behind-the-wheel driver education activities.
- Communicates with both the parent and student, when needed, on the progress of each student. Also communicates with others, as needed, at the locations the curriculum is being taught.
- Ensures adequate supervision of students.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Reports all accidents and/or potential hazards to the vehicle or building. Also reports maintenance issues involving the vehicles to their immediate supervisor as soon as possible.
- Maintains licensure at the state level, unless otherwise noted, and stays current with best practices
- Performs work of a miscellaneous nature to meet changing corporate goals and requirements.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Current licensed driving instructor in Minnesota with minimum of 2 years experience as a licensed driving instructor.
- Valid/Current Minnesota Driver’s License, with good driving record.
- Good organizational and telephone skills; proficient in verbal and written communication.
- Personal computer, word processing and spreadsheet skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail important; ability to identify and resolve problems essential.
- Ability to make formal presentations.
- Ability to lift average weight of 25lbs.