Travel Agent is responsible for planning and selling transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers and members. The Agent must determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required and sell AAA Preferred Supplier Travel packages, Tours and Cruises to match the customer’s needs and preferences.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
– Interacts with members and non-members over the telephone and in person to assist with all travel related services.
– Promotes/sells airline tickets, tours, cruises, car and hotel reservations worldwide, while adhering to company and industry policies and procedures.
– Recommends appropriate Tours, Cruises or packages based on customer needs and company policies/procedures.
– Must demonstrate knowledge of Worldwide Geography — Knowledge of principles and methods for describing the features of destinations.
– Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling Travel products and services ensuring individual and team sales goals are met.
– Knowledge of all AAA Products and services,(Travel and non-travel) including Preferred Suppliers, membership, to promote benefits to members and non-members.
1. Travel School and/or 1 year Travel Agency experience required.
2. Excellent communication skills including written and oral communication as well as active listening skills.
3. General computer skills including work with a GDS system.
4. Basic math skills are necessary
5. Sales and/or customer service background