AAA Minneapolis is a part of one of the largest membership organizations in the country, and offers so much more than our legendary roadside service.
We are a not-for-profit organization that serves Hennepin County and is made up of local Minnesotans who love our community as much as you do. Our products and services span some of the top industries, including travel, financial services, insurance, technology, traffic safety and, of course, automotive. This gives our employees the rare opportunity to be exposed to a variety of fields along with the ability to advance.
AAA offers a flexible, supportive, collaborative work environment that prioritizes a healthy work-life balance and is inclusive of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences.
Interacts with contract service providers to dispatch service to members in a timely manner and respond to members regarding service concerns or issues while appropriately safeguarding confidential and sensitive member and vendor information.
Who We're Looking For
The ideal candidate is passionate about customer care, able to easily multi-task and work with both members and drivers to provide safety, security and peace of mind to our members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promptly relays service requests and continuously monitors call activity with contract facilities (via 2-way radio, telephone, Digital Dispatch System) to ensure delivery of timely and efficient emergency roadside service Ensures correct procedures (i.e. radio communications, re-routing calls, member communication, documentation, etc.) are followed
- Responds to telephone and personal inquiries from local law enforcement agencies, members and the general public regarding all member related services, including ERS Call Receiving, Membership Records inquiries, and general information; Responds to immediate concerns raised by members, contract facilities, and employees according to Member Services policies and procedures
- Communicates service delays or other issues involving service delivery with members in a professional and timely manner
- Performs departmental tasks and/or projects of a varying nature to meet changing workload requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of six months customer service experience required
- Previous Dispatch experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, including Microsoft Outlook and Teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in use of internet and web-based technologies
- Ability to navigate multiple applications while speaking with customers
- Ability to problem solve
Dispatch Staff Perks
- Shift differential of $1/hr. Mon-Fri evenings, $2/hr. for all-weekend shifts in addition to hourly rate
- Commissions on membership sales and renewals
- Complimentary AAA Membership, discounts on travel & at the travel store
- $300+ bonus for referring new employees
- Employee recognition program
AAA Minneapolis offers a competitive compensation, generous PTO, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
AAA Minneapolis is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.