Experienced Travel Advisor - St. Louis Park
AAA Minneapolis is a part of one of the largest membership organizations in the country, and offers so much more than our legendary roadside service.
We are a not-for-profit organization that serves Hennepin County and is made up of local Minnesotans who love our community as much as you do. Our products and services span some of the top industries, including travel, financial services, insurance, technology, traffic safety and, of course, automotive. This gives our employees the rare opportunity to be exposed to a variety of fields along with the ability to advance.
AAA offers a flexible, supportive, collaborative work environment that prioritizes a healthy work-life balance and is inclusive of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences.
Who We're Looking For:
We are looking for a well-traveled candidate who has a passion for helping customers create life-long memories through travel. Previous leisure travel planning experience required.
We may consider professionals without a professional travel planning background only if they have sales experience in a business environment and have travelled extensively, including international travel (especially European travel).
The Travel Advisor is responsible for working with clients to maximize revenue and profitability by fostering client relationships and closing sales that generate repeat business. The Advisor must determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and sell AAA Preferred Supplier travel packages, tours and cruises to match the customer’s needs and preferences.
How We Reward our Travel Advisors:
- Our Travel Advisors earn a base salary of $41,000-46,000 annually with a potential of earning sales incentives and bonuses. The base salary is paid out on an hourly basis.
- On average, our agents earn $50,000 - $70,000 per year. Top performing agents earn $80,000 - $100,000 per year. Advisors also earn unlimited commissions on AAA Membership sales and AAA Credit Card sales.
- Leisure Travel Advisors have the advantage of working for one of America’s most trusted brands, have paid training and generated leads, and numerous company perks including discounts on travel, insurance, and more.
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits packages are just another reason to work for AAA Minneapolis.
- Benefits include: 401k Match up to 6%, Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, complimentary AAA Minneapolis Membership, paid holidays, 3 weeks of PTO.
- High school or General Education Degree (GED) required
- 1 year Leisure travel agency experience required
- minimum of 6 months sales and/or customer service experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Proficient in the use of internet and web-based technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent active listening skills
AAA Minneapolis offers a competitive compensation, generous PTO, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
AAA Minneapolis is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.