Membership Sales Representative - St. Louis Park
AAA Minneapolis is a part of one of the largest membership organizations in the country, and offers so much more than our legendary roadside service.
We are a not-for-profit organization that serves Hennepin County and is made up of local Minnesotans who love our community as much as you do. Our products and services span some of the top industries, including travel, financial services, insurance, technology, traffic safety and, of course, automotive. This gives our employees the rare opportunity to be exposed to a variety of fields along with the ability to advance.
AAA offers a flexible, supportive, collaborative work environment that prioritizes a healthy work-life balance and is inclusive of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences.
Who We're Looking For
Candidates with exceptional communication and sales skills who can generate new membership business and retain current members by using consultative sales and retention strategies while working within the Member Services call center.
In exchange for your knowledge and expertise, we offer the following perks for Membership staff:
- Commissions for membership sales, renewals and upgrades (average monthly commissions range from $500-1000+)
- Commissions on AAA Visa credit card sales
- Option to work remote after training is complete (1month)
- A variety of career path opportunities to learn new skills and grow within AAA Minneapolis
- Complimentary AAA Membership, discounts on travel & at the travel store
- Referral bonus
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate membership features, and benefits to current and potential members to generate new membership sales, membership renewals, auto-renewals, upgrades, and associate add-ons.
- Recommend and educate members on additional products and services offered by AAA Minneapolis.
- Achieves and exceeds individual sales goals aligned with company productivity and revenue objectives.
- Takes action on inbound and outbound lead channels from membership, automotive, insurance, financial, and travel business.
- Completes work in accordance with department standard operating procedures.
- Generates revenue growth by using a consultative sales approach to retain current members and connect with lapsed members to reinstate membership status.
- Provide back-up to Emergency Roadside call center during peak periods.
- Acts as a subject matter expert regarding membership benefits and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educations and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum six months of proven sales or AAA Minneapolis experience required
- Minimum one year contact/call center experience required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills via phone, email, and in person
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in use of internet and web based technologies
- Ability to navigate multiple applications while speaking with customers or members
AAA Minneapolis offers a competitive compensation, generous PTO, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
AAA Minneapolis is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.