Travel Assistant - Maple Grove
AAA Minneapolis is a part of one of the largest membership organizations in the country, and offers so much more than our legendary roadside service.
We are a not-for-profit organization that serves Hennepin County and is made up of local Minnesotans who love our community as much as you do. Our products and services span some of the top industries, including travel, financial services, insurance, technology, traffic safety and, of course, automotive. This gives our employees the rare opportunity to be exposed to a variety of fields along with the ability to advance.
AAA offers a flexible, supportive, collaborative work environment that prioritizes a healthy work-life balance and is inclusive of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences.
Who We're Looking For:
We are looking for well-traveled candidates with a passion for helping customers create life-long memories through travel.
The Travel Services Representative I is responsible for using exceptional customer service to assist members and non-members with travel store questions and purchases and help them plan driving trips, make car rental and hotel reservations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet customers and assist them with Travel Store purchases and transactions
- Interact with members and customers over the telephone and in person to assist with driving trips by marking maps and processing Triptiks
- Maintain the upkeep of the Travel Store including maintaining inventory, straightening and organizing
- Provide office support by taking customer calls for the branch office as well as assisting with overflow calls from other branch offices when necessary
- Provide information to customers regarding the benefits of a AAA membership and promote the advantages of memberships and upgrades as well as other AAA products and services
- Take International Driving Permit (IDP) and passport photos; process International
- Sell AAA tickets
- Handle other various office duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 6 months customer service, retail or sales experience
- Travel school or basic geography course work is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Proficient in the use of internet and web-based technologies
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent active listening skills
- Medical, dental, vision insurance, and generous PTO
- Commissions on membership sales and renewals
- Commissions and bonus potential for travel and travel store sales
- Complimentary AAA Membership, discounts on travel & at the travel store
- $300+ bonus for referring new employees
- Employee recognition program
AAA Minneapolis offers a competitive compensation, generous PTO, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
AAA Minneapolis is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.