Travel Branch Manager II – Eden Prairie
AAA Minneapolis is a part of one of the largest membership organizations in the country, and offers so much more than our legendary roadside service.
We are a not-for-profit organization that serves Hennepin County and is made up of local Minnesotans who love our community as much as you do. Our products and services span some of the top industries, including travel, financial services, insurance, technology, traffic safety and, of course, automotive. This gives our employees the rare opportunity to be exposed to a variety of fields along with the ability to advance.
AAA offers a flexible, supportive, collaborative work environment that prioritizes a healthy work-life balance and is inclusive of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences.
Applicants must have Travel Agency/Professional Travel Planning experience to be considered for this position
Who We're Looking For
The Travel Branch Manager is an experienced people leader with travel agency experience who is looking for an opportunity to manage the day-to-day oversight of our full-service branch office, as well as overall branch travel sales and performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day to day direction of branch Travel Advisors and Travel Service Representatives to maintain a high level of service and provide regular coaching and development to direct reports
- Make staffing and scheduling decisions to ensure appropriate branch coverage for all business lines
- Meet or exceed personal sales goals and set goals for individual travel staff members and the branch
- Oversee Travel Store sales and coordinate with membership staff in the branch to meet membership sales objectives for the company
- Provide exceptional service to personal customers as well as setting expectations for staff service as it relates to members and customers
- Assist in the preparation of annual office budget to project, monitor and control income and expenses
- Ensure compliance with all Federal and State Travel industry regulations including the control and security of property, equipment, and customer information
- Participate in community involvement and business development activities
- Promote and coordinate branch events
- Stay current with industry trends and consumer data and attend regular training to provide the best travel experience possible to branch customers
- Ensure the office operates in a professional manner and the appearance and customer convenience is maintained at a consistently high level
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Directly supervises up to 4 employees within the Travel department
- Indirectly supervises up to 4 employees within the Insurance Department
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5-years travel agency experience
- Minimum of 1-year experience providing people leadership is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with airline GDS system and back-office accounting system is preferred
AAA Minneapolis offers a competitive compensation, generous PTO, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
AAA Minneapolis is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.