Travel Services Representative II - St. Louis Park
AAA Minneapolis is a part of one of the largest membership organizations in the country, and offers so much more than our legendary roadside service.
We are a not-for-profit organization that serves Hennepin County and is made up of local Minnesotans who love our community as much as you do. Our products and services span some of the top industries, including travel, financial services, insurance, technology, traffic safety and, of course, automotive. This gives our employees the rare opportunity to be exposed to a variety of fields along with the ability to advance.
AAA offers a flexible, supportive, collaborative work environment that prioritizes a healthy work-life balance and is inclusive of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences.
Who We're Looking For
Do you have a passion for travel and helping people plan the trip they always dreamed of? If so, AAA Minneapolis has an entry level opportunity to join our talented and experienced Travel team! This position allows employees to learn the important foundations of travel planning, with the opportunity to be promoted to higher-level travel positions.
The Travel Services Representative II is responsible for using exceptional customer service to assist members and non-members with travel store questions and purchases, help them plan driving trips, make domestic travel arrangements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with members over the telephone and in person to assist with driving trips by marking maps and processing Triptiks
- Make hotel and car reservations as well as domestic airline and package reservations.
- Create customer travel invoices, collect payments and prepare travel documents for travel advisors
- Assist with and complete online check-in for cruise, tour and airline bookings
- Email customers (on advisor’s behalf) with need-to-know information and travel tips for upcoming trips
- Assist advisors with making customer schedule changes when necessary
- Provide office support by taking customer calls for the branch office as well as assisting with overflow calls from other branch offices when necessary
- Provide information to customers regarding the benefits of a AAA membership and promote the advantages of memberships and upgrades as well as other AAA products and services
- Conduct work of a miscellaneous nature to meet the changing needs and workload requirements of the department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel school or basic geography course work is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Proficient in the use of internet and web-based technologies
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent active listening skills
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 6 months customer service, retail or sales experience
AAA Minneapolis offers a competitive compensation, generous PTO, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
AAA Minneapolis is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.