First-time Passport Applicants
Only the U.S. Department of State has the authority to grant, issue, or verify United States passports. AAA members can visit a AAA office to obtain first-time and renewal passport applications, but AAA does not process passport applications. Visit Travel.State.Gov to locate your nearest passport application facility.
Renewing Your Passport
If you need to renew your passport, you may do so by mail if:
- Your most recent passport is available to submit and is not damaged
- You received the passport within the past 15 years
- You were over age 16 when it was issued
- You still have the same name, or can legally document your name change
Expedited Passports & Travel Visas
Traveling soon and need a passport?
Many countries require your passport to be valid 6 months after your return date, and some countries may require a travel visa to enter. AAA members receive exclusive discount pricing on expedited passport and travel visa courier services online with RushMyPassport!
- Personalized application review can help avoid common mistakes that would normally cause a delay
- Save time, skip long lines, and hold times – let RushMyPassport work with the passport office or embassy
- Enjoy the comfort and convenience of real time tracking of your passport or travel visa
Emergency 1-Week Passport Service
Get your passport expedited and save as a AAA member! If you don't need emergency 1-week service, RushMyPassport also offers 8-week, 5-week, and 2-week services.
Get Started with RushMyPassport
Passport Photos at AAA
No appointment is necessary to get your passport photo taken at any AAA Travel Store location.
Tip: Your photo will be taken against a white background, so it's best to wear a dark-colored top.
Passport Photo Prices*
- Non-members: $15.76 + tax
- AAA Basic Members: $12.97 + tax
- AAA Plus and Premier Members: 1 free set per member, per year