Terms & Conditions of AAA Membership Services
For memberships with an expiration date of 12/31/20 or later, there will be a nominal dues increase that will sustain the strong benefits and value AAA is committed to providing you.
About Your Membership
Your AAA card is issued for your personal use. It entitles you to service at any AAA office in the United States or Canada. AAA members are entitled to service on any vehicle they may be driving or riding in as a passenger at the time of vehicle breakdown. Service follows the member, not the vehicle, including when the member is driving or riding in a rented vehicle. Non–members are not eligible for service.
- Primary: Primary Members must be at least 16 years old. One (1) Primary Member is allowed per Membership account. Primary members are the only person who can make changes to a membership.
- Associate: Associate members receive the same services and benefits as the Primary member. Individuals eligible for Associate memberships are the spouse or partner of the Primary member; dependent children through age 25, who reside in the household or who are away at school; or extended family members who reside in the same household. Associate member cannot make changes to a membership.
AAA Emergency Road Service Benefit Effective Period
There is a three (3) day waiting period, after payment has been processed, before you can take advantage of your free AAA Emergency Roadside Assistance. This applies for all new and newly reinstated members and Associate members, as well as for members who upgrade from a lower level of service to a higher level of service. Should anyone on your membership account require AAA Emergency Roadside Assistance during the three-day waiting period, there will be a service fee that must be paid prior to service being rendered.
Members who have used four (4) service calls during their membership year are not eligible to upgrade or add additional associates until their renewal date.
- AAA Basic: Start with the Basic membership benefit package. It features our famous emergency roadside assistance, including battery jump starts, towing, flat tire repair, fuel delivery, locksmith service, extricating and winching service, trip interruption protection, flight insurance, free AAA TripTiks®, AAA TourBooks® and AAA Maps, and so much more.
- AAA Plus: Upgrade to AAA Plus. This is an expanded benefit package that increases the AAA Basic membership coverage. Benefits include up to 100 miles towing, increased locksmith service, extended extricating/winching service, increased trip interruption protection, free passport photos, and increased flight insurance. To be eligible for AAA Plus benefits, members must have paid the fee for AAA Plus and must be carrying valid membership cards clearly identifying them as AAA Plus members.
- AAA Premier: An optional, expanded benefit package that increases the AAA Plus membership coverage. Expanded benefits include one additional service call, for a total of 5 service calls, that consist of up to (4) four tows up to 100 miles and (1) one 200-mile tow, increased trip interruption protection, free passport photos, home lockout service, complimentary transportation, and one-day car rental resulting from vehicle breakdown. To be eligible for AAA Premier benefits, members must have paid the fee for AAA Premier and must be carrying valid membership cards clearly identifying them as Premier members.
- AAA Plus RV & AAA Premier RV: An optional benefit for AAA Plus and AAA Premier members, which extends Plus and Premier coverage to the member's motor home, pickup with camper, travel trailer, camping trailer, and motorcycle. Member's trailers for motorcycles, snowmobiles, and boats are also covered (RV coverage is an expansion of Plus and Premier benefits. Members not currently carrying Plus and Premier must purchase that coverage in addition to the Plus RV and Premier RV).
See the "Emergency Roadside Assistance" section of these terms & conditions for AAA Basic, AAA Plus, AAA Premier, AAA Plus RV, and AAA Premier RV.
You will receive a membership renewal statement via your requested contact method payable on the day your membership expires.
Upon expiration, Members are granted a “Temporary Waiver Period” up to 90 days, during which time you can pay your renewal fee and maintain your original Membership inception year and renewal date. During this Temporary Waiver Period, we will continue to make Membership services available to you. However, if you request Emergency Road Service during this Temporary Waiver Period, then you are obligated to pay your outstanding renewal fee at the time of such service. If you pay the renewal fee within the Temporary Waiver Period, your Membership will continue uninterrupted and no additional fees will apply.
If you elect to cancel your Membership, or let it lapse at the end of the Temporary Waiver Period, your Membership will be deemed terminated as of such date. If you later decide to rejoin the Club, you will need to purchase a new Membership, and that Membership will have a new inception year and renewal date as of the new purchase date. Your cancelled membership may be subject to a $10 reinstatement fee. If you renew your Membership after the Temporary Waiver Period, AAA Emergency Road Service beneﬁts become effective three (3) days after the purchase of your new Membership, and all other terms and conditions applicable to a new Membership will apply.
Upon submitting the enrollment form, your request will be processed within 3 business days. By enrolling in paperless/electronic billing ("ebilling" or "e-billing") you accept that AAA Minneapolis will update your email preferences to opt your email on record into e-bill related communications. If you choose to unsubscribe from all emails at any time you will no longer receive membership renewal bills.
Cancellation and Refund policy
Dues, once paid, are not refundable during a membership year, as they are allocated to the various costs of providing our services and benefits. By renewing your AAA membership, you agree to the terms and conditions. You must notify us if you’d like to cancel your Membership. AAA reserves the right to cancel or downgrade memberships for the following reasons:
- Unpaid dues
- Inappropriate or illegal conduct, including but not limited to committing or threatening or being abusive to AAA employees, road service technicians, contractors or other AAA representatives; destroying/vandalizing property of AAA or it’s representatives.
- Using the membership for any reason deemed harmful to the welfare, standing or best interest of AAA or the membership as a whole, including but not limited to using the membership benefits for commercial purposes, excessive or inappropriate use.
- As a substitute for regular maintenance.
- Excessive or inappropriate AAA Emergency Road Service use, which includes the use of all four (4) allotments of AAA Emergency Road Service within the first ninety (90) days of the active or renewal of a membership.
- Use of your membership by a non-member to obtain AAA services.
- A primary and associate member may only have one (1) membership per renewal period. Duplicate memberships will be cancelled and may not be eligible for refunds.
To make renewal more convenient and to avoid the possibility of a lapse in membership coverage, you may choose to have your membership automatically renewed each year. Automatic renewal is a service provided for VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cardholders. This option eliminates the inconvenience of check writing, postage costs, and check fees. For information, call (952) 927-2567 or sign up online.
What You Should Know
We recognize our obligation to keep information about you secure and confidential. It's important for you to know that we do not share member information or non-member client information with marketers outside of AAA Minneapolis, our business lines, or our preferred vendors that deliver you savings.
What this Statement Covers
This policy covers member and non-member client information, which includes personal information about a member or a non-member client's current or former relationship with AAA Minneapolis.
Making the Security of Information a Priority
Keeping member and non-member client information secure is one of our most important responsibilities. We value your trust and handle information about you with care.
We collect and use various types of information to service your requests, save you time and money, and better understand your needs.
Managing information for your convenience
The information we use helps us bring you valuable services and savings, as well as peace of mind when you travel. We limit who receives member and non-member client information and what type of information is shared within the Club, our business lines, and our preferred vendors.
Sharing Information with companies that help us deliver services to you
We may share member and non-member client information with companies that work with us to provide you products and services. We share the information in order to provide you a good customer experience.
Disclosing information in other situations
We also may disclose member and non-member client information when required by law. Such disclosures may include those in connection with a subpoena or similar legal process, or a fraud investigation.
Honoring your preferences
You have choices when it comes to learning about new offers and services from AAA Minneapolis. You can choose not to receive savings opportunities and marketing offers by mail, phone, and/or e-mail from us or from our preferred vendors.
To tell us your preferences, you may:
Call: (952) 927-2567
Write to: AAA Minneapolis
5400 Auto Club Way
Minneapolis, MN 55416
(Please do not include sensitive personal information)
Please provide your full name and street address, member number, telephone number, and e-mail
address, along with your preferences for no mail, no phone, and/or no e-mail. Please note: it may take six to eight weeks to make your request fully effective. You will continue to be contacted as necessary to service your membership, receive our Live | Play| AAA member magazine, and receive marketing materials in your renewal statement.
Your AAA Minneapolis membership card carries with it the protection of 24-hour Emergency Roadside Assistance, backed by a fleet of service vehicles in the Twin Cities and throughout the nation.
What is Emergency Roadside Assistance?
As one of more than 55 million members, you have access to the vast resources of the world's largest auto club. More than 13,000 Emergency Roadside Service facilities throughout the country are ready to serve you.
Emergency Roadside Assistance is exactly what the name implies - an emergency service rendered by official Emergency Roadside Assistance centers who are under contract with AAA. It is not a substitute for maintenance or repair. Rather, this valuable service is designed to help you, our members, through any unexpected problems you may have with the vehicle in which you are driving or riding.
Emergency Roadside Assistance is available 24 hours a day to assist you if your vehicle becomes disabled, provided your vehicle can be safely reached from a normally traveled road or established thoroughfare. AAA will tow you to the responding Emergency Roadside Assistance facility or to a destination of your choice, up to five (5) miles in any direction from the vehicle's point of disablement. We cannot guarantee, however, that all Emergency Roadside Assistance facilities stock parts and are equipped to service and repair all makes of automobiles, or that repairs can be made after business hours or on weekends.
AAA Plus / AAA Plus RV / AAA Premier / AAA Premier RV
Because several AAA Plus, AAA Premier, AAA Plus RV, and AAA Premier RV benefits expand upon those offered in the regular membership package, they are explained after each description of the basic Emergency Roadside Assistance benefits in this handbook.
NOTE: Members who have used four (4) service calls during their membership year are not eligible to upgrade to Premier or add additional associates.
Who is eligible for Emergency Roadside Assistance?
AAA members are entitled to service on any vehicle they may be driving or riding in as a passenger at the time of vehicle breakdown. Service follows the member, not the vehicle, including when the member is driving or riding in a rental car.
AAA is a member-sponsored and supported organization. Please remember that members may not use their card to obtain service for a non-member. Non-members are eligible for service on a cash basis paid to the service provider. AAA members who have used all of their service calls in the membership year may also receive service on a cash basis paid to the service provider.
What vehicles are eligible for Emergency Roadside Assistance?
Emergency Roadside Assistance applies to four-wheel, motor-driven passenger, pleasure or recreational-type vehicles (vans, campers, and motor homes) provided services can be safely delivered. Altered vehicles are normally not covered for towing.
Dual-wheel, unloaded pickup trucks are provided all services, except tire service.
Dual-wheel campers and motor homes will be provided all services, except towing, extrication/recovery and tire service. Coverage for these services is available with AAA Plus RV and AAA Premier RV.
Rented passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles are eligible for service, with the exception of taxi cabs and limousines.
AAA Plus RV and AAA Premier RV extends service to travel trailers and motorcycles. Service for boat,
motorcycle, and snowmobile trailers is provided under AAA Plus RV and AAA Premier RV within AAA Minneapolis service territory, and will be handled by reimbursement if service is unavailable outside of club territory.
Scope of service
This is your auto club! We have tried to design an Emergency Roadside Assistance program that meets the emergency demands of AAA members. However, AAA cannot guarantee that service will always be available in all areas and under all circumstances. For example, severe weather may cause unavoidable delays and service limitations, even though all involved are doing their best. In such cases, service will be provided in order of priorities; servicing stranded members will be a top priority. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these emergencies.
AAA will help members get assistance when special equipment is required, or for services not covered under the policies outlined here. If your vehicle cannot be made operable upon providing the services listed here, AAA will assist you in finding the nearest open repair facility. If a repair facility cannot be located, AAA will assist in obtaining lodging or alternative transportation. Charges for services that exceed the benefits listed will be at the prevailing hourly or mileage rate of the region where service is provided.
To help control membership dues, AAA has established a policy that provides four (4) calls for each AAA Basic, AAA Plus, and AAA Plus RV member, and five (5) calls for each AAA Premier and AAA Premier RV member, during each membership year. Calls in excess of this limit will be processed, but on a cash-only basis, paid to the service driver.
In fairness to the overall membership, service is to be used within reasonable limits. The Club reserves the right to cancel a membership if we believe there is an abuse of service, as determined by the Membership Services Committee.
How do you obtain Emergency Roadside Assistance?
In the Twin Cities metro area, when you're out of fuel, stuck, have a flat tire, in a car that won't start, need a tow, lose your keys, or lock them inside your vehicle, call our Emergency Roadside Assistance department 24-hours a day, at (952) 927-2727.
Outside the Twin Cities metro area, call the 24-hour nationwide AAA Supernumber - 1-800-AAA-HELP - anywhere in the U.S. and in Canada, for assistance. This number also is printed on the back of your membership card.
Be prepared to provide your membership number; expiration date; name; address; car's exact location; nature of the problem; vehicle's year, make, model, and color; phone number from where you are calling; and desired tow destination. Have a pen or pencil and paper ready in case you must record specific information.
After calling, return to or within sight of your vehicle. Insurance liability prohibits AAA to service unattended vehicles. Cancel your request immediately if you no longer require assistance.
If you are unable to obtain assistance directly from AAA, call the nearest service station, pay for the service rendered, and submit the service receipt to your Club for reimbursement consideration.
Your Emergency Roadside Assistance benefits include:
- Battery boost: An attempt will be made to start your vehicle using the service vehicle's auxiliary starting system. This is only a temporary remedy and your vehicle should be checked at a repair facility. See the Automotive section of the website for information on the AAA Battery Service program.
- AAA Battery Service
- AAA roadside service providers are able to replace faulty or failing batteries on-site.*
- Our AAA Battery Service technicians utilize state-of-the-art technology to accurately diagnose your battery-related problems at the roadside.
- Plus, if necessary, you can purchase a new battery at exclusive AAA member prices, complete with a battery freshness guarantee and a competitive, nationwide warranty.
- To request Emergency Roadside Assistance, including AAA Battery Service, call (952) 927-2727 or 1-800-AAA-HELP, or request roadside assistance online.
- *Note: AAA is unable to replace batteries if the wind chill is below 0°F for the safety of our service providers and to prevent damage to parts in the vehicle which become brittle at temperatures in that range.
- Mechanical first aid: This includes minor adjustments at the point of disablement if parts, materials, or supplies are not needed to make the vehicle operate on its own. Note that the complexity of modern engines limits the extent of mechanical first aid that can be performed at the scene. If your vehicle is able to be mobilized, you should visit your local repair shop.
- Lockout service: If your keys are locked inside the passenger compartment, service will be sent to gain entrance. If the vehicle key is lost, broken, or the service provider cannot gain entry, locksmith service is covered up to $75, or the reimbursement of a commercial locksmith up to $75. If no locksmith coverage is available, the towing benefit applies. Extra keys are not covered.
- AAA Plus, AAA Premier, AAA Plus RV, and AAA Premier RV provide added coverage or reimbursement for locksmith service, if such service is required to either gain access to the vehicle or make it operable. AAA Plus and AAA Plus RV coverage up to $125; AAA Premier and AAA Premier RV coverage up to $200.
- Bicycle Service: Bicycle service is just another way AAA has you covered with roadside assistance. Counted toward your allotted service calls, AAA will transport you and your bicycle to any point of safety within the limits of your coverage.
- Fuel delivery: An emergency supply of fuel will be delivered to the disabled vehicle, enabling the member to reach the nearest open service station. The member is responsible for the cost of the fuel at current pump prices. AAA Plus and AAA Premier provides at no extra cost a sufficient amount of fuel to reach the nearest service station.
- Flat tire service: If your vehicle's spare tire is inflated and serviceable, it will be installed to replace a flat tire. Installing a spare tire is a temporary fix only.
- Extrication/winching: If your vehicle is stuck in a ditch, mud, or snow, it will be freed, provided it can be reached from a normally traveled road or established thoroughfare with a service vehicle's ordinary towline. If special equipment, more than one truck, or more than one person is required, the associated cost may be at the member's expense.
- AAA Plus, AAA Plus RV, AAA Premier, and AAA Premier RV extend basic coverage to include services by a second truck and operator for one hour at the scene of disablement. If the vehicle is unable to be operated after extrication, the extended towing benefit will apply. The use of special equipment may be covered under AAA Plus, AAA Premier, AAA Plus RV and AAA Premier RV.
- Towing: When the vehicle cannot be rendered drivable after attempting any of the emergency procedures provided, or when, in the service person's judgment, the vehicle cannot be placed in a safe driving condition, you may have it towed to the responding Emergency Roadside Assistance facility or up to five miles in any direction from the vehicle's point of disablement (as soon as a proper towing vehicle is available). NOTE: one tow per disablement. When streets are impassable or when conditions make towing dangerous, a temporary suspension of towing may occur.
- AAA Plus and AAA Plus RV provide for up to 100 miles of towing from point of disablement to the destination of your choice, at no charge.
- AAA Premier and AAA Premier RV provide one tow up to 200 miles from the point of disablement, as one of the five service calls per membership year; and up to 100 miles from the point of disablement on the remaining allowable calls.
When the truck arrives
Present your current AAA card and driver's license for identification, and sign one completed AAA road-service ticket before service is rendered.
Members who are unable to present their membership card or ID must be prepared to pay for the service provided and request reimbursement at contract rates from AAA Minneapolis.
Extreme service conditions: We always try to be as responsive as possible, but please understand that unavoidable delays can occur during severe weather conditions. An increase in the volume of service requests, heavy traffic, road construction or unusual circumstances. In the event of severe weather emergencies, first priority is given to the removal of vehicles blocking roadways. As equipment becomes available, service will be provided to other vehicles. The safety of our members, employees and independent service technicians is our top priority. On rare occasions, services may be temporarily suspended due to weather conditions and other extenuating circumstances. Once it is safe to do so, we will resume services.
Upgrading service and adding associate memberships
Members can upgrade their present level of service to AAA Plus, AAA Plus RV, AAA Premier or AAA Premier RV anytime during their membership year. Service fee and additional upgrade costs may apply.
NOTE: Members who have used four (4) service calls during their membership year are not eligible to upgrade to Premier or add additional associates.
Complaints & liability
All AAA Minneapolis Emergency Roadside Assistance centers, and those approved through other AAA Clubs, have been carefully selected based on their business integrity and ability to provide prompt, courteous, and reliable Emergency Roadside Assistance service and repairs. Your patronage of these service centers helps ensure that the quality of service through which AAA has built its reputation - one that goes back to 1902 - continues.
If service was unsatisfactory or if you have questions, submit a full report to the AAA Minneapolis Emergency Roadside Assistance Department. AAA will investigate and attempt to resolve your concerns.
AAA Emergency Roadside Assistance service centers are independent contractors and not agents of AAA Minneapolis. Therefore, AAA Minneapolis does not assume responsibility for any injuries to persons or property, including damage to a member's vehicle, as a result of Emergency Roadside Assistance. Damage complaints should, however, be reported to the Emergency Roadside Assistance service center proprietor and to the AAA Minneapolis Emergency Roadside Assistance Department.
To obtain service - A Roadside Assistance vehicle will be sent to the eligible disabled bicycle, without charge, from the nearest AAA contract station. Bicycle coverage applies to any eligible bicycle you are riding at the time the bicycle becomes disabled. Simply present your valid AAA card at the time of service. Members are expected to be with the bicycle at the time of service. Bicycle coverage is provided to a member whose bicycle has become disabled or inoperable.
Service will be provided:
- To any point of safety within the limits of your coverage
- Bicycle transportation service is counted towards your allotted roadside assistance service calls per member, per membership year.
Bicycle Service Area
Our bicycle service is available throughout the state of Minnesota and other select states. If you are biking in another state, feel free to call (952)927-2567, email firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a chat to confirm if the biking benefit is available in that state.
Service vehicles are not equipped to repair a member's bicycle or change a flat tire; however, transportation for your disabled bicycle will be provided subject to the terms discussed herein.
Benefits for Bicycle Service Do Not Include
- Reimbursement for impounding ordered by the police or other proper entity because a bicycle was impounded due to a violation of a state or local ordinance.
- Service off of normally traveled motor vehicle roads or streets. If bicycle breakdown occurs away from a normally traveled road or street; service will only be provided if the bicycle can be moved by the member to a normally traveled road
- Service to unattended bicycles
- Storage or repair costs
- Parts and tires
- More than one transportation per disablement
- Cost of providing alternate transportation
- Fatigue and physical inability to continue with ride. Exception may apply for an injury that occurred as a result of a bicycle accident
- Rendering mechanical first aid or changing of a flat tire
- Rendering service to break or cut a lock on a secured bicycle
- Service where we or our contractor deem a road is not safely passable due to snow, flooding, etc.
- Trip Interruption Protection, Vehicle Return and complimentary rental car do not apply to bicycle coverage
Approved Auto Repair
When you show your AAA membership card at any Approved Auto Repair (AAR) facility, before the repair work is completed, you receive the facility's promise to:
- Provide a maintenance inspection.
- Offer a written estimate. If the cost of repairs exceeds the estimate by 10 percent or more, you must authorize any additional work.
- Guarantee its work for 24 months or 24,000 miles.
- Make available replaced parts after repairs are complete, except parts which must be returned to the manufacturer under a warranty agreement or refund policy.
- Cooperate fully with AAA in the investigation or resolution of any dispute involving the repair facility and a AAA member.
- AAR facilities who participate in the Discounts & Rewards program provide members a 10% discount on repairs, up to $50 in savings.
If you have questions about this valuable member benefit, or would like a listing of AAR facilities, call AAA at (952) 927-2727.
Trip Interruption Protection
This valuable membership service provides financial help to any member whose vehicle is stolen, not drivable due to damage caused by a traffic accident, 100 miles or more away from home. Members may be reimbursed if they are driving or riding in the vehicle which becomes damaged at the time of the accident or collision.
AAA Plus, AAA Plus RV, AAA Premier, or AAA Premier RV members also may receive reimbursement for expenses resulting from mechanical breakdown.
Reimbursement is based on actual out-of-pocket expenses incurred, not including taxes, fees, gratuities, fuel or alcohol, for a combination of meals and lodging or transportation:
- Local lodging and meals in the vicinity where your car is being repaired.
- Rental or replacement car to continue your trip. Remember, your AAA membership entitles you to special member discounts on Hertz car rentals.
- Commercial transportation (via common carrier licensed to carry passengers for hire) to your destination or home, whichever is closer.
- AAA Basic members may be reimbursed up to $100 each with a maximum of $500 per family.
- AAA Plus/Plus RV members may be reimbursed up to $250 each with a maximum of $1,000 per family.
- AAA Premier/Premier RV members may be reimbursed up to $1,500 each.
This service applies only to expenses personally incurred by the member within 72 hours following the accident/incident. Proof of payment(s) must be submitted. If expenses are shared by more than one member, each may submit his share of the cost for reimbursement, but totals may not exceed the gross amount actually incurred. No vehicle repair costs are covered. No reimbursement will be made for certain unlawful cases, including driving while under the influence.
To receive payment, submit a claim form along with a police report or repair bill, and all itemized receipts.
Your request must be received by our office within 30 days after the incident occurred.
AAA Basic, AAA Plus, and AAA Plus RV claim forms are available both online or by calling 952-927-2727.
AAA Premier and AAA Premier RV members must call (800) 390-3894 to submit a claim.
AAA Premier road trip cannot exceed 45 consecutive days and travel must include at least one overnight stay. Call 800-390-3894 for all AAA Premier details.
Emergency Payment Acceptance
A members personal check, credit or debit card will be accepted by an independent contract facility for payment of emergency road services for up to $250. A valid membership card and identification must be presented at the time of payment. The name on the check, credit/debit card must match the member name.
Our convenient state-appointed license bureau, located only at our St. Louis Park location, provides quick and efficient service on all types of motor vehicle license transactions.
We process driver's license renewals and duplicates, issue licenses for boats, snowmobiles, ATVs, and more.
Open six days a week, our free parking, mail service, and our 24-hour drive-up window make our license service center the most convenient and flexible in the metro area. Call (952) 927-2696 or see the License Services FAQ for more information.
Place a trip routing order by phone, online or in person, and receive a TripTik® package. Please allow six (6) business days before pick up at any of our six AAA offices in Hennepin County. Also, for your convenience, the headquarters drive-up window is open seven days a week, 24 hours a day, including holidays. You may also create your own TripTik Travel Planner® online. You may order your TripTik® by calling (952) 927-2626, or you can order your TripTik online.
TripTiks® / TripTik Travel Planner®
Efficient ways to deliver you to your destination. The traditional TripTik® maps include mileage, and driving time. The TripTik Travel Planner® includes overview narrative directions, mileage, driving time, and construction information. Both TripTiks® are spiral bound for traveling convenience.
Online TripTik Travel Planner®
Create your own customized online travel route with detailed maps and driving instructions, including things to see and do along the way. The TripTik Travel Planner® combines ease of planning with integrated travel booking tools, including AAA-rated accommodations and Hertz car rentals.
AAA Road Maps
Every AAA Minneapolis travel kit routing includes road maps that cover your entire route. These informative AAA-published national, regional, state, and city maps are published exclusively for AAA members.
Select AAA TourBooks® are included with your membership, providing you with information on historic sites, scenic points of interest, tourist attractions, as well as hours and any admission charges. In addition, "AAA Approved" hotel, motel, and resort accommodations are described and rated.
To assure AAA members of quality lodging, all AAA-approved facilities are rigorously inspected at least once a year by a professional AAA field representative. These facilities are assigned a rating of one to five Diamonds. The higher the rating (the more Diamonds), the higher the degree to which basic AAA standards are exceeded.
Weather and Road Condition Information
AAA is the only auto club that gives you daily reports on highway conditions, weather and detours. Information is revised daily during periods of winter storms, floods, highway reconstruction or bridge repairs. Call (952) 927-2626 or visit our weather & road conditions section for updates.
Discounted Lodging Rates
AAA Members save on hotel and lodging rates throughout the country and around the world.
Official appointment properties guarantee members a minimum 5 percent discount off of the standard room rates published in TourBook® guides or the lowest public rate available at the time of booking for the dates of stay, for standard rooms.
AAA's Discounts & Rewards® partners provide AAA's best rates and a satisfaction guarantee to AAA members. Select from Best Western, Hampton Inns, Hyatt Hotels, most Hilton brands, and most Marriott and Starwood (Sheraton, Westin, etc.) brands.
To make reservations, call (952) 927-2626 or 1-800-871-7352, or book online.
Hundreds of attractions listed in the "Points of Interest" section of AAA TourBooks® offer reduced prices for members. See your TourBook® or download the AAA Discounts smartphone app for details.
AAA Travel is a full-service travel agency open to AAA members and the public. Members enjoy special values and benefits from select national and international tour companies, cruise lines, hotels, Amtrak, and Hertz car rentals. To take advantage of these special member benefits, reservations must be made through AAA Travel. Offers vary from time to time and your AAA travel agent can give you all the details. For more information on travel agency services, call (952) 927-2525, 1-800-871-7352, or any branch office.
In addition to six convenient Twin Cities locations you also can make your travel arrangements in our Travel section.
Preferred Tour Partners
As a member, you enjoy special privileges with our many preferred travel suppliers, including Avanti Destinations, Contiki, Trafalgar Tours, Delta Vacations, Tauck Tours, Alexander&Roberts, Pleasant Holidays, Insight Vacations, Member Choice Vacations, Travel Impressions, Micato Safaris, African Travel, and Rocky Mountaineer. Member benefits may include money-saving discounts, accommodation upgrades, and vouchers toward payment of optional tours. Offers vary by travel supplier. Whether you are planning a deluxe escorted tour to Europe or a two-night stay in San Francisco, AAA Travel can assist you with your plans.
Preferred Cruise Partners
AAA Travel offers thousands of money-saving cruise specials each year including member-only discounts, stateroom upgrades, shipboard and shore excursion credits and other exclusive features. Watch AAA’s Live | Play| AAA Magazine for information on cruise specials with such preferred cruise suppliers as Azamara, Carnival, Celebrity, Crystal, Disney Cruise Line, Holland America, Princess, Regent Seven Seas, Royal Caribbean, Oceania, Seabourne, Uniworld Boutique River Cruises, AMA Waterways, and Viking River Cruises.
Travel Accident Insurance
As a AAA member, you receive Travel Accident Insurance coverage automatically when your trip is arranged and purchased through your AAA Travel Agency. Coverage levels are $100,000 for AAA Basic, and $200,000 for AAA Plus and AAA Premier.
This program covers you for accidental loss of life, limbs, sight, speech or hearing while traveling in a common carrier when the transportation is arranged through AAA Minneapolis.
Common Carrier means any land, water, or air conveyance operated by those whose occupation or business is the transportation of persons without discrimination and for hire. One hundred percent of the benefit also applies while traveling in a common carrier or a private passenger automobile directly to or from a terminal, station or airport, immediately before or after scheduled arrival or departure, and while traveling in a rental car whose lease has been arranged through the local AAA Travel Agency along with any airline or common carrier transportation.
Charge your passenger fare to your AAA Visa credit card and receive up to $500,000 worth of Travel Accident insurance.
AAA will make reservations in North America at the hotel or resort of your choice, as listed in the TourBooks®. Take advantage of the many AAA discounts available at lodging choices nationwide. (Members are responsible for any fees which may result from changes or cancellation of these reservations.) Call (952) 927-2626, or book online.
Hertz Car Rental Discounts
Save time and money by having your AAA Travel agent make your car rental reservations. With industry-leader Hertz, AAA members receive exclusive discounts and extras. Call (952) 927-2525, stop by your local AAA office to make reservations, pick up your free AAA Hertz discount card, or book online.
Upon rental, you must present a valid AAA membership card to receive your discount. (Discounts may not apply to all rates and may not be available at all Hertz locations. Rates and discounts are subject to change. Cars are subject to availability.)
Members receive a complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Membership.
Additional Travel Agency Services
- Individual tailor-made itineraries with all features prearranged and prepaid.
- Individual vacation and independent package plans with prearranged features for the international or domestic destination of your choice.
- Escorted tours to select destinations.
- Special prices for group and family travel to anywhere in the world for you, your friends and neighbors, club, or society..
- International Driving Permits (IDPs), issued exclusively by AAA.
- Applications for passports, visas, tourist cards, and other travel documents.
- Photo service for passport applications, visas and, International Driving
- Permits available at member discounts.
- Comprehensive travel insurance including trip cancellation coverage.
- Exclusive online travel booking opportunities.
- Passport photos – free for Premium and Plus Members (limit one per member per year).
Box Office Tickets
The AAA Box Office, located in all branches, is your source for discounted movie (Mann and AMC Theatres) and entertainment tickets. Ask about member-only prices for admission tickets to Disney theme parks (multiple-day hopper passes only), Universal Studios, the Minnesota State Fair, Renaissance Festival, Valleyfair, and more.
AAA Discounts & Rewards®
AAA Discounts & Rewards® partners help you save on everyday items here in Minneapolis and across the country. Member Households who used a AAA Discount in the past year saved an average of $92. Save on everything from shopping and dining, to attractions, travel and even prescription medications – exclusive savings just for AAA members. Get discounts. Earn rewards. The perks of AAA membership.
- Click: Save up to 30% when you shop online with several major retailers, see all of the available deals here.
- Shop: Show your AAA card at select partner businesses and save big on your next trip to the mall.
- Go: Special discounts are available for AAA members with participating travel partners, restaurants, and automotive service providers.
- Play: Save 5-20% when you stay at participating hotel partners worldwide, plus discounts on theater tickets, sporting events, and more.
For details about these special member discounts, click here or check the Live | Play| Save section of each issue of Live | Play| AAA magazine, or call (952) 927-2706.
Located at our St. Louis Park Headquarters office and in all of our branch locations, you will find the AAA Travel Store, where you can save with member-only discounted prices on all items except Briggs & Riley merchandise. The store features top brands in luggage, anti-theft handbags and backpacks, duffels, rolling backpacks and totes of all sizes, a wide array of travel books, specialty maps, travel convenience and security items, travel games, electrical converters and adapter plugs for foreign outlets.
AAA Plus, AAA Plus RV, AAA Premier, and AAA Premier RV
members receive one complimentary set of photos per member, per membership year, and higher discounts on all items except Briggs & Riley merchandise.
AAA Minneapolis Insurance Agency provides specialty and discounted insurance programs to AAA members, and serves the personal insurance needs of the public in our community.
AAA Minneapolis Insurance Agency represents a select group of financially sound, reputable insurance companies. We will provide a complete analysis of your insurance needs and will place your policies with the company offering the best coverage at a competitive price. To review all of your present coverages and rates with a AAA Insurance representative, contact us at (952) 927-2518 or by email at email@example.com.
If you believe you’ve been unjustly charged with a traffic law violation, we may help with the cost of legal fees.You may choose your own attorney, and if you’re found not guilty of the charges, or if they’re dismissed, we will reimburse you for attorney fees for your defense or appeal (see “Reimbursement Schedule” below).
Vehicular Manslaughter or Criminal Negligence
Other Moving Violations
When a member is charged with more than one motor vehicle law violation for the same incident, AAA will reimburse legal fees for defense of the most serious charge only. Reimbursement of legal fees is limited to one violation per member per membership year.
AAA Minneapolis does not reimburse for:
- Defending members charged with driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license, without insurance, or when charged with a felony
- Defending members in any situation involving intoxicating liquors, drugs, or narcotics
- Defending members in personal injury suits
- Failure to appear for any court hearing
- Violating weight, length, or height restrictions on trucks
- Payments of fines or court costs
- Bringing suits or collecting claims for members
- Civil claims or suits
- Lawyer’s assistance in completing accident reports
- When charged for driving with an improperly registered vehicle
To request a form for your claim submission, please call (952) 927-2518.
The AAA Member Rewards Visa® credit card provided by Bank of America is available to members, subject to credit approval. Members can apply via mail, telephone, in a AAA branch office or online for the AAA Visa® credit card. Competitive rates and great rewards are the key benefits members should consider when comparing the AAA Visa card, provided by Bank of America, with other cards.
For information about rates, fees, other costs and benefits, or to apply for a new AAA Member Rewards Visa account, stop into any AAA office and ask for the AAA Visa credit card application, apply over the phone by calling directly to Bank of America toll-free 1-800-545-7899, or click here. For customer service, call Bank of America toll-free 1-800-807-3068.
Program benefits subject to change.
You joined AAA for the security. Now, enjoy your membership for its convenience. On our website, you'll find everything you need to take advantage of all your new AAA membership benefits, like...
Complete Automotive Service Center - Car care tips and research to consider when buying or selling a car. You even can schedule your car's maintenance online.
Travel - Here you'll find travel specials, important travel safety information, our online cruise, tour, car, hotel, and airline reservations as well as the online TripTik Planner® and TourBook® information.
Membership Center - Time to renew? Need to upgrade? Then visit our online Membership Center. You can even give the gift of membership from the comfort of your home.
Travel Store-Shop for luggage, totes, travel accessories, and more, with free shipping.
Information On Virtually Everything- From road conditions to traffic, school closings to school safety patrol, you'll find up-to-date information easily.
Insurance - Free no-obligation quote request for all your insurance needs.
24-Hour Member Service Center
Convenience is important to AAA members. That's why your AAA Member Service Center is open 24-hours a day, 365 days a year to handle your auto travel, membership and Emergency Road Service needs. Use the numbers listed in the Contact AAA Minneapolis section for the type of service you need.
LIVE | PLAY | AAA Magazine
As a AAA Minneapolis member, you'll receive Live | Play | AAA, our bimonthly, full-color publication. Live | Play | AAA offers a variety of features on local, national, and international travel destinations. In addition, the publication includes local Club news and valuable information on car care, traffic safety, and many other subjects of interest, including AAA member-only discounts on selected attractions and merchandise.
“Dare to Prepare” Program
“Dare to Prepare” is designed for teens (usually ages 13-15) and their families. The 90-minute program facilitates early discussion of driving safety issues before teens participate in formal driver’s education. It also increases teens’ total exposure to traffic safety messaging throughout their time as developing drivers.
AAA Minneapolis Novice Driving School
AAA Minneapolis Novice Driver Education Programs offers a comprehensive, four-phase teen driver education program, including:
- 30 hours of classroom instruction, including AAA approved material
- Parents' Night
- Driver Impact Panel
- Six hours of behind-the-wheel training
Plus, students, whose parents are members, will receive a free one-year AAA Associate membership. Working together with you, our program will develop a safe and skillful driver. For more information, please call AAA at (952) 927-2602.
Senior Driver Improvement Program
AAA Minneapolis recognizes the special needs of older drivers and have developed a course to address these issues. Our Senior Driver Improvement Program classes are offered at our headquarters office in St. Louis Park, as well as other locations around the metropolitan area.
If you would like to register for a class, or receive more information about our Senior Driver Improvement Program, please call us at 952-927-2602.
AAA Branch Offices
Headquarters Office - St. Louis Park - (952) 927-2600
Downtown Minneapolis - (612) 338-8432
Eden Prairie - (952) 944-9585
Edina - (952) 925-2244
Maple Grove - (763) 494-3773
Minnetonka - (952) 545-5454
General Information - (952) 927-2600
24-hour Emergency Road Service - (952) 927-2727
AAA Travel Agency - (952) 927-2525
AAA Insurance Agency - (952) 927-2518
AAA Travel Store - (952) 927-2505
Membership Accounts - (952) 927-2604
Membership Sales - (952) 927-2567
Auto Travel Services - (952) 927-2626
License Services - (952) 927-2696
Public Relations/ Live | Play| AAA Magazine - (952) 927-2671
Minneapolis Auto Club Foundation for Safety - (952) 927-2705