Insurance Sales Representative - St. Louis Park
AAA Minneapolis is a part of one of the largest membership organizations in the country, and offers so much more than our legendary roadside service.
We are a not-for-profit organization that serves Hennepin County and is made up of local Minnesotans who love our community as much as you do. Our products and services span some of the top industries, including travel, financial services, insurance, technology, traffic safety and, of course, automotive. This gives our employees the rare opportunity to be exposed to a variety of fields along with the ability to advance.
AAA offers a flexible, supportive, collaborative work environment that prioritizes a healthy work-life balance and is inclusive of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences.
Generate new insurance business by selling and managing insurance policies on behalf of AAA Minneapolis. This includes attracting new clients, evaluating their needs, proposing plans that meet their needs while ensuring all legal requirements are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage an active pipeline of qualified prospects, generating leads from personal contacts, cold calling, networking, client referrals and colleagues
- Sell all lines of personal and commercial insurance with focus on life insurance products
- Establish a sales and marketing plan for further development of referrals through strong customer and community relationships
- Partner with Marketing Department to promote insurance educational events and facilitate such events
- Achieve monthly and annual new business production goals
- Utilize agency and company systems to record, document and track business
- Work with customer service team to retain current accounts
- Generate leads for collateral business
- Identify opportunities to present AAA insurance products to Discounts and Rewards partners
- Communicate membership features and benefits to potential members to generate new membership sales, membership renewals, upgrades and associate add-ons
- Maintain education requirements (CE) for all applicable insurance licenses
- May perform other duties as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of two years proven insurance sales experience required
- State of Minnesota Property & Casualty insurance license required
- Must obtain non-resident producer insurance license in additional states prior to writing business outside of Minnesota
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and internet-based applications
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills via phone, email & in person
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge in sales techniques
- Demonstrated skills in prospecting and lead generation abilities
AAA Minneapolis offers a competitive compensation, generous PTO, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
AAA Minneapolis is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.